First Adult Fellowship
Please mark your calendars for these upcoming activities.
Childress Vineyards Tour & Lunch at Lexington BBQ
Tuesday, October 8
Meet at the church at 10:30am
Childress Vineyards features 72 acres of vineyards and 11 varieties of European Vitis vinifera cultivars at two vineyards sites: Richard’s Hampton Road Estate in Davidson County and Vineyard Crossing at the winery site. Childress Vineyards is one of the most prominent wineries in the state’s re-emerging wine industry that has grown from 21 to more than 100 wineries since the year 2000. Please sign up in the church office by October 1. Please contact Pastor Edward if you have questions. Cost is $10 for tour and transportation. Lunch cost is on your own.
Lunch at 42 Diner
Monday October 14 12pm
Come for fun, food, and fellowship! Only cost is lunch.
Covered Dish Fellowship Luncheon at St. Luke UMC
Monday November 11 12pm
Come for a covered dish luncheon at St. Luke UMC. Chicken Pie and BBQ will be provided by the Churches. Please bring your favorite covered dish item a fun afternoon of fun, food, and fellowship. All are welcome!
Lunch in FUMC Asbury Center
Monday December 9 12pm
Come for fun, food and fellowship!
Mitchell’s Nursery and Greenhouse & Lunch at King Kitchen Family Restaurant
December 13 Meet at FUMC at 10:45am
Mitchell’s Nursery is one of two commercial greenhouses in the state to hold poinsettia trials. The information they gather each year helps the national poinsettia breeders decide which poinsettias they will release to the market next year. They are growing over 9,000 poinsettias in 80 different varieties this year. You will enjoy seeing new varieties of poinsettias that you have never seen before.
- Catawba Queen Riverboat Lunch Cruise (Lake Norman, NC)
- Waccamaw Siouan Tribe Cultural Sharing
- The Candy Factory (Lexington, NC)
- Christmastown USA (McAdenville, NC)
- “The Service at Rocky Bluff,” Barn Dinner Theatre (Greensboro, NC)
- Beauty and the Beast at Temple Theatre (Sanford, NC)
- Historic Cedar Falls Church Tour (Cedar Falls, NC)
- Memorial Day Celebration & Picnic at North Asheboro Park
- Millstone Creek Orchards Tour & Tasting (Ramseur, NC)
- Trolley Tour at Sarah P. Duke Gardens (Durham, NC)
- “Black Nativity” at the Barn Dinner Theatre (Greensboro, NC)
- Old Salem Candle Tea (Old Salem, NC)
- Southern Supreme Factory Tour & Shoppe (Ramseur, NC)
- Wheatmore High School Winter Choral Concert (Trinity, NC)
- Covered Dish Luncheon
- Movie Matinee at the Church
- Tour of The International Civil Rights Center & Museum (Greensboro, NC)
- Making Pottery at Joseph Sand Pottery (Randleman, NC)
- Glass Blowing Demonstration at STARworks (Star, NC)
- Volunteering at the WNCCUMC Missions Response Center (Terrell, NC)
- Ashe County Cheese Factory (West Jefferson, NC)
- Churches of the Frescoes (Glendale Springs, West Jefferson, NC)
- Shatley Springs Inn & Restaurant (Shatley Springs, NC)